Gender identity | Sex & sexual health | Coming out | Staying safe | Advice for parents, carers and friends | Advice for teachers
If you’re experiencing a personal crisis, are unable to cope and need support, there is a range of help available. In an emergency call 999 or go to your nearest accident and emergency hospital.
Nov. 2, 2022
- Switchboard LGBT+ helpline. Call 0300 330 0630 (open 10am-11pm daily) or for online chat and email visit their website.
- Samaritans helpline. Call 08456 90 90 90 at any time of the day or night for emotional support and befriending in complete confidence.
- Papyrus suicide prevention helpline for young people. Call 0800 068 41 41 text 07786 209697 or email email@example.com (Monday-Friday 10am-10pm, weekends 2pm-10pm, bank holidays 2pm-5pm).
- Childline helpline for children and young people. Call 0800 11 11 at any time of the day or night to speak to a counsellor.
- Saneline helpline offering information and emotional support to those experiencing mental health difficulties. Call 0845 7678 000 Monday-Friday 12pm-11pm, weekends 12pm-6pm
- NHS 111 service. Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it is not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (free from landlines and mobile phones).