We run meet-ups in your area. These are safe spaces that anyone who thinks they might be LGBT+ can come along to. You can meet new people who share some of the same feelings and experiences as you, socialise and just hang out in a safe and non-judgemental setting. We also run virtual groups for young people in Kent and Medway: find out more.
(We’ve also launched an online group for people who would like to make their own song and music video – find out more.)
Are you aged 13-17?
|Every Thursday||4 – 5.30pm||Shepway Youth Hub, Folkestone CT20 1HA|
|(Currently closed due to Covid restrictions)||The Charlton Centre, Dover CT16 1TT|
Are you aged 18-25?
We run virtual meet-ups for 18 -25 year olds every Wednesday, 5.30 – 6.30pm: find out more
How to join a group
If you are interested in joining, email us at email@example.com. From there, someone from our friendly team will get in touch with some questions and details on how to join the group. You won’t have to answer anything you are not comfortable with sharing; we just need to get in touch so we can make sure the groups remain safe spaces for everyone.
Covid safety rules: please do not attend an in-person group if…
- You’ve tested positive for Covid in the last 10 days
- You’ve had any of these symptoms in the last 10 days: high temperature, new continuous cough, lost your sense of smell or taste, had a change to your sense of smell or taste
- You live with someone who has tested positive for / had symptoms of Covid in the last 14 days
- Someone in your support bubble has tested positive for / had symptoms of Covid in the last 14 days
- You arrived in the UK from a country with a high Covid risk in the last 14 days
If you’re unable to attend an in-person group due to any of these reasons, you can still come along to one of our virtual sessions.
Important update about one-to-one support from the BeYou team
Due to high demand, we’ve had to temporarily close our waiting list for one-to-one support. We will continue to provide this service to anyone who is currently receiving it and hope to be able to offer it to more young people again very soon. Our meet-ups are still great places to get advice and support from the BeYou team and they’re always happy to help with whatever you’re going through.