We run meet-ups in your area. These are safe spaces that anyone who thinks they might be LGBT+ can come along to. We’re also getting ready to run a fortnightly meet-up for 18-25 year olds in Gravesend. All the details are in the table below. At all our groups, you can meet new people who share some of the same feelings and experiences as you, socialise and just hang out in a safe and non-judgemental setting. We also run virtual groups for young people in Kent and Medway: find out more.
Are you aged 13-1 7?
|Every Tuesday (from 28 Sept)||4.30 – 5.30pm||The Grand, 26 King Street, Gravesend DA12 2DU|
|Every Wednesday (currently postponed due to Covid restrictions)||5.30 – 6.30pm||Dartford YMCA, The Roundhouse, Overy Street, Dartford DA1 1UP|
|Every Thursday||4.30 – 5.30pm||Swanley Youth Centre, St Mary’s Road, Swanley BR8 7BU|
Are you aged 18-25?
|Every other Tuesday||6.30 – 8pm||Thames-side Fire Station, Coldharbour Road, Northfleet, Gravesend, DA11 8NT|
|Every Wednesday||6.30pm – 7.30pm||Dartford YMCA, The Roundhouse, Overy Street, Dartford DA1 1UP|
|Every Thursday||7 – 8pm||Swanley Youth Centre, St Mary’s Road, Swanley BR8 7BU|
To find out more about our groups, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid safety rules: please do not attend an in-person group if…
- You’ve tested positive for Covid in the last 10 days
- You’ve had any of these symptoms in the last 10 days: high temperature, new continuous cough, lost your sense of smell or taste, had a change to your sense of smell or taste
- You live with someone who has tested positive for / had symptoms of Covid in the last 14 days
- Someone in your support bubble has tested positive for / had symptoms of Covid in the last 14 days
- You arrived in the UK from a country with a high Covid risk in the last 14 days
If you’re unable to attend an in-person group due to any of these reasons, you can still come along to one of our virtual sessions.
Important update about one-to-one support from the BeYou team
Due to high demand, we’ve had to temporarily close our waiting list for one-to-one support. We will continue to provide this service to anyone who is currently receiving it and hope to be able to offer it to more young people again very soon. Our meet-ups are still great places to get advice and support from the BeYou team and they’re always happy to help with whatever you’re going through.